Heidi is the owner of Belly Luna Birth Services and an ICEA (International Childbirth Education Association) certified Birth and Postpartum Doula. She is honored to have supported nearly 100 families through labor and birth in the past five years.
Heidi believes every birth is a unique and incredible journey and her goal is to provide families with unwavering and compassionate support as they navigate the winding roads of pregnancy, labor, birthing and early parenting.
Besides running her own birth services business, Heidi is a Board Member of South Dakota Birth Matters, and a co-administrator of South Dakota Doulas. She recently completed her 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training and plans to offer prenatal/postpartum yoga in the future.
Heidi has a B.A. in Cultural Anthropology and Women’s Studies from the University of Montana and worked for almost 7 years as a Community Organizer. She has a love for healthy food and natural living, and when not at a birth she can usually be found creating in the kitchen, adventuring outdoors as much as possible, running, practicing yoga, or tending to her garden and urban homestead. She and her husband and three children make their home near Sioux Falls, SD.
Education and Experience:
- B.A. Anthropology, Women’s Studies Minor, University of Montana
- DONA Birth Doula Training (Sept. 2013)
- ICEA Birth Doula Certification (May 2015)
- ICEA Postpartum Doula Training (May 2015)
- ICEA Postpartum Doula Certification (July 2016)
- Stillbirthday Birth and Bereavement Doula Training (in process, April 2017-)
- Spinning Babies Training Workshop with Tammy Ryan (August 2015)
- Prenatal Yoga Immersion Workshop with Carole Westerman (April 2017)
- When Survivor’s Give Birth Workshop with Tammy Ryan (July 2018)
- Yoga Teacher Training (200 hours), Kosha Yoga School (2019)
- Board Member, South Dakota Birth Matters (2015-present)
- Co-Administrator, South Dakota Doulas (2016-present)
For a more detailed description of my doula services, go here.
For current availability, go here.